Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the correct setting for my watch?
All automatic watches have different TPD requirements but on average most automatic watches need a minimum of 650-1200 TPD. All of our watch winders are set to accommodate this minimum requirement.
To find the right setting for your watch we recommend the following procedure:
1) Manually wind the watch by turning the crown 20-30 times. The watch winder will not wind a completely dead watch.
2) Set the winder to the lowest TPD setting and bi-directional rotation. Place the watch in the winder and make sure it is seated properly and securely in the holder.
3) Turn the winder on and periodically check to make sure the time is correct. Most automatics have a maximum of 40 hours of power reserve when fully wound so if the time is correct after 2 full days, this is the proper setting for your watch.
4) If the time is incorrect, please set it to the next highest TPD setting and try again.
5) If the time is incorrect, please set it to clockwise only and try again.
6) If the time is incorrect, please set it to counter-clockwise only and try again.
7) If the watch works while it is being worn but does not work in the winder, it may need to be serviced. When a watch is worn, the movements it experiences are not as smooth as in a watch winder, so while a watch may work when it is worn it may not work when in the winder. Watch winders move very smoothly so if the lubrication inside the watch has congealed from not being in use, the watch may need to be serviced.
8) If you still have problems or issues please feel free to contact us.
Below is a list of popular watch brands and the common settings for most of their watches. Specific models from some brands may have exceptions and may not work on the setting listed below. If this is the case please contact us and we will try to determine the correct setting for your particular model.
BD=Bi-Directional, CW=Clockwise, CCW=Counter Clockwise Watch Company Rotation Direction Turns Per Day Ball BD 650-800 Baume & Mercier BD or CW or CCW 650-800 Bell & Ross BD or CW 650-800 Blancpain CW or CCW 800 or higher Breitling BD or CW 650-800 Carl Bucherer BD 650-800 Cartier BD or CW 650-800 Chanel BD 650-800 Chopard BD or CW 800 or higher Concord BD or CW 650-800 Corum BD or CW 650-800 Hamilton BD or CW 800 or higher Hublot BD or CW 800 or higher Invicta BD or CW 800 or higher IWC BD or CW 800 or higher Jaeger LeCoultre BD or CCW 650-800 Longines BD or CW 650-800 Louis Vuitton BD 650-800 Luminox BD or CW 650-800 Montblanc BD or CW 800 or higher Omega BD or CW 650-800 Oris BD or CW 650-800 Panerai BD or CW 800 or higher Patek Philippe CCW 800 or higher Rolex BD 650-800 Tag Heuer BD or CW 800 or higher Tissot BD or CW 650-800 Tutima BD or CW 800 or higher Ulysse Nardin BD or CW 800 or higher Vacheron Constantin BD or CW or CCW 650-1000 Xemex BD or CW 650-800 Zenith BD 650-800 Zeno BD or CW 650-800 BD=Bi-Directional, CW=Clockwise, CCW=Counter ClockwiseRead more
- Which watch winder do I need for my automatic watch?All of the watch winders we carry are designed to wind all brands of watches so every watch winder we sell will work for your watch. The choice comes down to how many watches you would like to wind and the design, but all of the winders we carry will work for all models of watches on the market.Read more
- Do you have a watch winder for a Seiko Kinetic?Seiko kinetics will not work in a regular watch winder. Seiko kinetics usually last up to 6 months on a single charge and usually do not require the use of a winder.Read more
- Problem: My watch does not keep the correct time.If you have already tried going through all the steps in the "What is the correct setting for my watch?" question, your watch may need to be serviced or the watch winder may be defective and need to be serviced. Please contact us for more information.Read more
- Do you have watch winders that are battery powered?Yes, we carry battery powered watch winders. All of our battery powered winders are currently single and double watch winders so please check our Single Watch Winder and Double Watch Winder categories.Read more
- Are the motors silent?Yes, our motors are silent but we suggest that you place the winder away from your head while you sleep. If you would like to keep it near where you sleep, we suggest purchasing a winder with a cover.Read more
- How long do I need to wind the watch or how long can I keep it in the winder?We recommend leaving the watch in the winder at all times when it is not in use.Read more
- Do you have a copy of the manual for my winder?Please visit the product page for your watch winder and click on the downloads tab to view the manual. If you have an older model we no longer carry, please contact us.Read more
- What type of watch needs a watch winder?The watch winders that we carry should be used for automatic watches only. Other watches such as kinetic, battery (quartz) operated, or manual watches should not used with a watch winder.Read more
- What is the warranty on your watch winders?All of the winders we carry come with a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase.Read more
- Do you have a printed catalog?We do not offer a print catalog but all items we carry are listed on our website and updated dailyRead more